[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney on Windows

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 23:32:33 CET 2009

În data de Joi 05 Noiembrie 2009 20:01:42 ați scris:
> În data de Joi 05 Noiembrie 2009 15:08:42 ați scris:
> > On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez at gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
> > > Great work, it paid off to stay up so late. :D
> > >
> > > Did you check the openFile methods? I remember seeing somewhere on the
> > > code a note about using backslash, and that not working on other OS
> > > (eg. Windows)
> >
> > I'll take a look over that code although I suspect the problem is
> > somewhere else (D-Bus crashes while kmymoney is starting and I think
> > that kills the connection to klauncher).
>
> I found the problem with openning the file. When KUrl.isLocalFile() the
>  fileName should be KUrl.toLocalFile() not KUrl.path(). I'll fix all
>  appearences of this. After I managed to open the file the app looks good
>  every view seems to work.
>
> > > Can I post this message on my blog? For the crowds asking for Windows
> > > support (though I'm not a big fan of it, it is good news)
> >
> > Sure. I'm not a fan either but freedom of choice is a good thing (even
> > if the choice is to use a proprietary OS).
> >
> > [snip]

All the changes needed for compiling on Windows have now been committed to SVN
and KMyMoney has beed added to the KDE on Windows  build server. The result of
the regular build on Windows can be checked here
http://winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/dashboard/

After this KMyMoney will be available for install using the KDE for Windows
installer (by selecting the 'packager mode' and after that the 'nightly
build').

Alvaro maybe you can also announce this on your blog :).

Cristian Oneţ