[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney on Windows

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 09:36:51 CET 2009

Hi,

Yesterday I've managed to compile and run KMyMoney on Windows (see the
attached screenshot). I'll try to summarize all the issues I've
observed while doing this (some of them were already fixed yesterday).
First of all I would like to give some kudos for the KDE on Windows
project they have made developing KDE on Windows really easy (see the
emerge tool like on Gentoo).
I have compiled with msvc2008 and did not used gcc on purpose (I've
wanted to see what does another compiler has to say about the code :)
). This lead to the first group of issues caused by gcc specific
entities in the code. So here is the list:
1. '__attribute__', '__func__' and '__PRETTY_FUNCTION__'
2. K3Process is no longer supported on windows but only libkgpg uses
it and it will be ported by Thomas so this is OK (also we have to
remove the include from some dialog which does not uses it)
3. When linking kmymoney we don't specify KDE_UTILS lib and QT_SQL_LIB in cmake
4. Really strange code like 'if ((periodType() == "day") and (mult()
== "1")) return("daily");' (in GncRecurrence::getFrequency()); since
when can 'and' be used in C++ :) ?
5. D-Bus another instance check uses 'getpid' we should do this in a
more portable way (find some qt function that returns the pid of the
current process)
6. the compiler complained about all the #warning 'Port to KDE' stuff
being invalid directives

That's all :) (it's shorter than I thought it will be) I hope I didn't
forget anything because while writing this I don't have the diff.
I didn't manage to open a file yet but that has nothing to do with
kmymoney. I get some 'Could not talk to klauncher' error after the
D-Bus checking which causes D-Bus to crash (this is a KDE runtime
environment problem).

I'll get back with this subject once I'll manage to open a file :).

Regards,
Cristian