[Kmymoney-devel] Aqbanking plugin for the KDE4 version

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:22:10 CET 2009

--nextPart1771391.75NCTYta7Z

=C3=8En data de Luni 02 Noiembrie 2009 16:05:13 Alvaro Soliverez a scris:
<onet.cristian at gmail.com>wrote:
> > =C3=8En data de Vineri 30 Octombrie 2009 16:04:34 a=C8=9Bi scris:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > As Alvaro said we feel we are getting closer to a KDE4 KMyMoney beta
> > > release. As a KMyMoney user I think that the Aqbanking plugin
> > > (KBanking) also should be available for this release. I would like to
> > > know what everyone thinks about how can we make this happen as easy as
> > > possible.
> > >
> > > Martin do you have time to work on porting the plugin to KDE4? In case
> > > you don't I would be happy to help.
> > > I think that the best approach for the KDE4 version would be to have
> > > the KBanking plugin in the KMyMoney source tree. Here are my arguments
> > > for this:
> > > 1. it does not make much sense to keep a plugin in a separate package
> > > if only one application can use it (it only makes things harder)
> > > 2. the life of packagers and power users would be easier if they are
> > > ridden of the burden to install another package for an extra feature
> > > 3. I think that maintaining the plugin wouldn't be more difficult that
> > > it is now maybe it would even become easier
> > > 4. the plugin would benefit from being in the KDE repository
> > > (translations and other stuff)
> > > 5. we could replace the current automake based build system of the
> > > plugin a lot easier (porting to cmake would be necessary make the KDE4
> > > development easier)
> > >
> > > What do you think about this?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Cristian
> >
> > The plugin is now in SVN and can be tested. Any volunteers? I've tested
> > the cvs importer. It's working apart from the fact that aqbanking does
> > not recognize values with both ',' and '.' in them (',' is the thousand
> > separator).
>=20
> First of all, great work!!
Thanks :).
=20
> Which version of AqBanking is it using?
4.1.8 - compiled with qt4 (see chapter 6.4 in the aqbanking readme)

> Was it hard to configure the csv importer?
No. You just copy a profile from /usr/share/aqbanking/imexporters/csv/profi=
les/=20
(or where you have aqbanking installed) for example full.conf to=20
=2Eaqbanking/imexporters/csv/profiles/ and start customizing it.

=2D-=20
Regards,

Cristian One=C5=A3