[Kmymoney-devel] how should the search line's clear buttons look

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 14:09:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

Since this is more a matter of taste that a matter of getting things done I
would like to ask you how is the clear button of the search-line preferred?
In 0.9-CVS (kde3 version) we had the clear button as a separate widget but in
3.95-SVN (kde4 version) we can use the clear button of KLineEdit (built in the
line edit widget). Since K3ListViewSearchLine uses the clear button of
KLineEdit and we use K3ListViewSearchLine in a lot of places we could change
RegisterSearchLine to look the same way and remove the separate clear button.
Or we could add a separate clear button to all K3ListViewSearchLine. I would
prefer the first approach.
Attached is a screenshot with the RegisterSearchLine having both clear
buttons.
Any thoughts on this?

Cristian Oneţ