[Kmymoney-devel] Crash in kmymoney 4.95 svn

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 18:33:45 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 December 2009 18:00:58 Ian Neal wrote:
>> Cristian Oneţ wrote:

>> > Did you run make install?
>>
>> As it was a separate build directory now, I did not think it was
>> required, but having now run it (and changed where it wants to put the
>> files), it does work.
>>
>> I did expect it to migrate my existing kmymoney2 settings though, but
>> that is another matter.
>
> It does. Simply copy the KDE3 settings file to the KDE4 location before
> starting the application and you're set.  Settings you have changed in the
> KDE4 version in between will be lost though. But you can redo them.

Keep in mind that the settings file has changed from kmymoney2ui.rc to
kmymoneyui.rc (or similar, I'm not at my PC at the moment).
But other than that, the format and everything in it is the same.
It is somewhat a feature, because now you can run both versions
side-by-side, but a migration of the settings could be something to
think about.

Regards,
Alvaro