[Kmymoney-devel] One week to release - Any outstanding issues?

Fernando Vilas fvilas at iname.com
Mon Dec 21 19:10:11 CET 2009

On Monday 21 December 2009 09:26:59 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Hello all,
> we are only 1 week away from the release of version 3.95.
> Are there any outstanding issues we need to solve before the release?
>
> On my todo list I have the announcement and final test of the tarball
>  creation. Anything else?

I found 2 bugs over the weekend while I was working on end-of-year finances. I
haven't had a chance to fix them yet.

1) In the Categories view, right-click a category with transactions in it, and
open the ledger from the context menu. Return to the Categories view and
delete that category, moving transactions to some other appropriate category.
When that finishes, right-click a different Category and attempt to open the
ledger from the context menu. Crash due to unhandled MyMoneyException.

2) In the Ledger view, select several transactions, and open them for
editting. The frame with the edit widgets at the bottom populates the common
fields, but leaves the others blank, as expected. Change something for all of
them, like the reconciled flag or the category. When saving, the transactions
all get new dates of today, instead of maintaining their original ones.

I've only tested with the DB backend, but these are repeatable for me. I have
some things to do this afternoon, but I was planning to address these bugs
this evening, before the beta goes out.

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas