[Kmymoney-devel] Going for a beta --> Beta release on Dec 28th

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 02:24:47 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Fernando Vilas <fvilas at iname.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 28 November 2009 04:23:12 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 2:59 AM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > on Saturday 28 November 2009 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>> >

>> > [...]
>> >
>> > Please make this a single point in time. Use a commonly used timezone
>> > (eg. UTC) not as many as you like. As I read it, your definition has a 24
>> > hour window (not for the single person but the project)
>>
>> I'm using the same definition as KOffice in these matters.
>> In my message to kde-i18n, I stated that the last strings would be
>> entering at 12am EST, because Fernando is on that time zone.
>>

> Hi,
>
>        I was having some email trouble this weekend (recv worked but not send), so
> sorry for the late reply.  If you want to work the strings around me, I'm
> actually in CST (UTC-6). But whatever deadline we set will be fine with me.
>
>        Unless there are other objections, I would actually be more in favor of a
> global cutoff, like 00:00 UTC, not a per time zone one. Though if the normal
> KDE way is per time zone, that should take precedence.

The rationale seems to be that most developers work on the projects on
their spare time which is usually after work, so that gives the
maximum amount of time for each developer to put the last strings in.
Also, it makes it easier for each to track when you are allowed to
make the last changes.

I agree with these criteria. And it's not a big deal for the
translator to wait a few more hours.

Regards,
Alvaro