[Kmymoney-devel] New to the list, would like to help with KMyMoney QT4 port

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 16:25:35 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Michael Wolfe<wolfemi1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently chimed in in the forums (as wolfemi1) about trying to get the
> SVN version working but not getting any of the icons or the tip of the
> day out working.  I tried using the cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr ..
> command from my build directory, but that didn't seem to help anything.
> Am I missing something?  Sorry for asking about what I feel is probably
> a very basic problem, but this is my first time working with CMake,
> KDevelop, and QT.
To be honest I have no idea what could be the problem in your case but
I'll try to describe my working environment maybe that will be of some
help to you.

Firs of all I have Gentoo Linux with kde 4.2.4 running. Since Gentoo
is a source based distribution I don't have to worry about having the
development packages installed to have the headers needed for
development (but that's not that relevant I just like the idea :) ).
In this environment I have the sources checked out from the KDE
subversion repository let's say that in /home/cristi/work/kmymoney. I
have also another two directories /home/cristi/work/kmymoney-build and
/home/cristi/work/kmymoney-install one for building and the other for
installing kmymoney. In kmymoney-build I run cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/cristi/work/kmymoney-install ../kmymoney
(I usually use ccmake to set the install prefix) and the make && make
install. After that I run kmymoney from
/home/cristi/work/kmymoney-install/bin/kmymoney2.

Hope that this can be of some help. If no please give some information
about your development environment.

Good to have you joining the porting effort :)

Regards,
Cristian

P.S: sorry but I messed up the To and did not post to the list