kdelibs/kdeui

Dominik Haumann dhdev at gmx.de
Thu Mar 3 21:40:07 CET 2005

On Thursday 03 March 2005 21:29, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Thursday 03 March 2005 02:10 pm, Dominik Haumann wrote:
[...]
> > I'd rather encourage all of you to try fix bugs in the current
> > dockwidget stuff. If we all try *together*, we might even be successful
> > ;)
>
> Yes, whatever we can do now for KDE 3.5 will definately benefit, i'm just
> marking down changes that will be good to make sure we keep in mind for
> KDE 4.
>
> From what I can tell, Qt4's QDockWindow class is too much like a detached
> QToolbar that can just dock back to the main window. I've only taken a
> small look at it, so i'm still not really sure what kind of potential it
> has for KDE 4, and with the way the trolls have been changing things
> around lately, i haven't bothered looking again.
>
> btw, will these changes close any bugs? :)

It will fix the reported bugs:
- #69895: selection menu gets not properly positioned on the right side
- #75112: borders in IDEAl mode are not "active"

Unreported bugs:
- dockwigets keep right size when drag&drop
- setSplitterKeepSize will be implemented (right now the KDockSplitter code
does not implement it - how on earth that? :/)

Maybe it has other positive side effects. I cannot say.
The much more important thing is that it does not introduce new bugs. This
is the reason why I suggest to backport (if at all) for KDE 3.4.1 and not
for KDE 3.4.0... one never knows :)

Ah, another side effect, this affects mainly KMDI using apps: right now, if
you open the left and the right dockwidget in _non-overlap_ mode (square
button is clicked), and you close the left sidebar, the right sidebar will
grow (just try it). This is wrong, the sidebars should keep their size.
With the next patch, you can use setSplitterKeepSize and this bug is gone.

Cheers,
--
Dominik
GPG Fingerprint: AC88 49E3 D8A5 0541 5B71 AC6E 29AA 1696 FF64 EDBC