Making widgets "sticky"

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon Jul 4 16:14:59 CEST 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 12:50, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Hello,
> is it possible to programmatically make a KMDI-controlled widget
> "sticky", so that it does not automatically hides. In other words, I
> want to have the same effect as clicking at the rectangle-like button
> on the tool window?
>
> The motivation is kdevelop -- I'd like the "variables" window to
> appear whenever debugger is started, since that window is always
> needed during debugging.

As this is already implemented when you start to build the project (the
Messages view is raised), I'm sure it is possible to do what you want
altough differently. Try to simply request showing of the variables
window, KMDI might show it to you. Of course the sticky/overlap setting
will depend on the user's settings and I would not like to change it.
If the user doesn't want sticky windows, the software should not force
them.

Andras