Fwd: kdebase/kate/app

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Sat Apr 23 18:36:07 CEST 2005

On Saturday 23 April 2005 16:58, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > Why do you use a splitter for the overlapping mode? Can't you just us a
> > window as in the undocked mode and stick it at the right position?
I thought about that, too, why not just add it to the parent widget and hard
setGeom...? just simple: because than you have it there, but that's it,
what's on resize of parent? how let user resize the widget -> you add a
handle, ..., all in all, this is tricky, very tricky, kdocksplitter shows,
that even in a wrong way to do that, it has more code around than my whole
kate mdi ;)

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org