creating a content system

Manuel Amador rudd-o at amautacorp.com
Wed Aug 10 23:19:00 CEST 2005

El mié, 10-08-2005 a las 12:05 +0200, Zack Rusin escribió:
> On Wednesday 10 August 2005 10:49, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Wednesday 10 August 2005 10:37, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > > I don't think you ever want to be doing indexing on nfs shares.
> > > Ever.
> >
> > Oh you do want it if its the NFS server that does it, and if it can
> > make the index available to you.
>
> Right! That's exactly what I want. I want to have some kind of links
> between indexes so my desktop search could use external indexes. Maybe
> not only form the nfs server but from something else (central indexing
> server or something like that).

Well,

client -query()-> local idxdaemon ->relayedquery() -> nfs idxdaemon

client <-remappedpathresp() local idxdaemon <-responses()- nfsidxdaemon

in essence, the local client request the system search daemon for
results, the search daemon searches its local store, and in parallel
relays search queries to all servers which have locally mounted NFS
filesystems, then replies to the client with its own responses and in
parallel remaps paths returned by the NFS servers and returns responses.

this is kind of hairy, but plain impossible with per-user daemons.

--
Manuel Amador                   <rudd-o at amautacorp.com>
http://www.amautacorp.com/            +593 (4) 220-7010