[Kat-development] Re: Anything about Tenor?

Kévin Ottens ervin at ipsquad.net
Wed Aug 10 10:40:49 CEST 2005

Hi list,

Ok, I'm jumping on something that could become interesting IMHO. =)

Le Mardi 9 Août 2005 21:20, Roberto Cappuccio a écrit :
> Using the same scientific principles that allow us to identify the language
> of a document, we want to implement a highly innovative kind of search
> based on linguistic fingerprints.

Well, it's currently reliable AFAIK.

> It will allow searches like: "find a document similar to this". No matter
> if the words used in the documents differ, the linguistic fingerprint of
> document belonging to the same domain, are similar. We want to exploit this
> property of language.
> I would like you to notice that this feature is missing from ALL the
> competitors.

Well, I'd like to know more about this. Because AFAIK most technics are not
reliable in this field. Which ones are you planning to use?
IMHO apart from doing conceptual indexing first which still require human
interaction to work properly and train the system (it'll will require this
for a long time I guess), I don't see this as something efficient, but I
might have missed something in the field I'm not expert there I just reuse
some results.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."