creating a content system

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Wed Aug 10 02:49:20 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 10 August 2005 2:16, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>   - my original schema proposal, which seems to have been
> swept aside in the last tenor update into playground divided the database
> into two sets: - contextual linkage

Just a quick note here since I tend to agree with most of what was said -- I'm
still just fine with you reworking this.  I didn't completely understand your
schema since I'm less of a database whiz, so I just tossed in something
simple enough for me.

The basic API for the graph level elements should be a reasonable sketch of
how things should shape up (though there are still things missing);
guesstimating, at the moment I'd expect the search/search iterator (and the
trie, though that's largely independent and may or may not actually be there
later on depending on how it performs) would be the only other things that
would need direct DB access.  Everything else would ideally be built up on
top of those APIs.  That's probably instructive for said reworking whenever
you've got time for such.

Cheers,

-Scott

--
Audience Member: "What was the hardest part of building TeX?"
Donald Knuth: "It was all pretty easy."