starting to look at indexing...

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sun Nov 7 06:52:48 CET 2004

On Saturday 06 November 2004 22:39, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Saturday 06 November 2004 22:15, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> > Right now I'm thinking about how to build up indexes.  In my first
> > demos I'll probably just do word based indexing building up a
> > reverse map from a dictionary to nodes.
>
> Define dictionary for me. Since I can't really comment on other
> things unless I know what exactly the dictionary is.

Two more things about word separation and language/encoding detection.
1) I'd like to have a KLingo or whatever namespace/lib which would do
just that. Mainly because it's needed in kspell.
2) Word seperation based on charset might not be the most efficient way
to do that. I have a language detection class here, we might want to
look into that.

Zack

--
Friends don't set friends on fire