Prebuilt Krita dependencies for Qt6 port of Krita

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 14:58:25 BST 2024

Hi, all!

I have started an initial port of the Krita dependencies to Qt6. They are
now available in a prebuilt form, so you can use them in the docker
environment to perform work on the Qt6 port.

Here is the branch (and the discussion) for the port of dependencies:
https://invent.kde.org/dkazakov/krita-deps-management/-/merge_requests/39

Here is the branch of Krita that uses these dependencies in the prebuilt
form:
https://invent.kde.org/graphics/krita/-/merge_requests/2258

To use these prebuilt qt6 dependencies locally, just use the normal manual
<https://docs.krita.org/en/untranslatable_pages/building/build_krita_with_docker_on_linux.html#building-krita-with-docker>
with two minor changes:

1) Refetch your docker image:

```bash
docker pull
invent-registry.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-images/krita-appimage-builder
```

2) Then just pass the `--branch transition/qt6` option to the
`bootstrap-deps.sh` script. It will fetch the necessary flavour of the deps
for you:

```bash
./bin/bootstrap-deps.sh --branch transition/qt6
```

Then build the container as usual.

There are still some tasks that need to be fixed. If they look interesting
to you, help is welcome! :)

1) PyQt5 needs to be ported to PyQt6 (it is just commented out right now)
2) Seexpr library needs porting to Qt6 (does it actually support Qt6
upstream?)
3) The current build scripts skip all our local patches that used to be
applied to KDE Frameworks libraries. We need to check if those patches are
still valid and should be uncommented back:
    * ext_extra_cmake_modules
    * ext_kconfig
    * ext_kguiaddons
    * ext_ki18n
    * ext_poppler
4) Qt6. SDP scripts now build a vanilla Qt. We need to recover the
following things:
    * support of Angle (see this repo with an attempt to do that:
https://github.com/amyspark/qtbase/tree/amyspark/angle )
    * our custom-made support of HDR
    * should we backport other patches of ours?

--
Dmitry Kazakov