The change in release process

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 13:50:12 BST 2024

Hi, all!

I have updated the release documentation with the new release process. The
problem is that we released 5.2.3 with the Windows packages unsigned. It
happened because the CI pipelines were based on tags, which cannot be
handled by KDE's signer. So I changed the process. Now every release should
have its own branch in a form `release/5.2.3`, which should be added to the
signer config in advance.

tldr;
1) In two days **before** creating a tarball, make a MR for sysadmins to
add the upcoming release branch into the  signers config. Do not create the
branch itself.
2) On the day of tarball creation, fork a branch in the form
`release/5.2.3` and do all the version changes and tagging there.
3) The rest of the process works as usual.

Full document change:
https://invent.kde.org/documentation/docs-krita-org/-/merge_requests/341/diffs

--
Dmitry Kazakov