Help needed with porting Krita's brush engines to Lager framework

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 07:08:12 GMT 2022

Hi, all!

As you might know for the last 10 months I have been working on porting
Krita's brush engines to the Lager-based framework. Right now the base
framework has stabilized enough, so we only need to port brush engines to
it. Yesterday I finished writing an extensive manual on how the framework
works and how to port the brushes. So, if you would like to learn how Lager
works, you can join the efforts on porting those brush engines :)

Manual and a step-by-step guide how to port a brush engine:
https://docs.krita.org/en/untranslatable_pages/brush_editor_gui_with_lager.html

Source code:
https://invent.kde.org/graphics/krita/-/merge_requests/1334

Thread on KA about testing the branch:
https://krita-artists.org/t/needs-testing-first-testing-packages-for-the-lager-based-brush-editor/49550

We still need to port 13 brush engines:

1) ``KisDuplicateOp``
2) ``KisHatchingPaintOp``
3) ``KisTangentNormalPaintOp``
4) ``KisCurvePaintOp``
5) ``KisDeformPaintOp``
6) ``KisExperimentPaintOp``
7) ``KisGridPaintOp``
8) ``KisHairyPaintOp``
9) ``KisMyPaintPaintOp``
10) ``KisParticlePaintOp``
11) ``KisRoundMarkerOp``
12) ``KisSketchPaintOp``
13) ``KisSprayPaintOp``

Porting of all the engines, except ``KisMyPaintPaintOp``, should be
relatively straightforward. So, if you would like to help with any of them,
please write in this thread! :)

PS:
You can also help with testing the branch. To do that, please join the
thread on KA :)

--
Dmitry Kazakov