Krita 5.0.8

Halla Rempt halla at valdyas.org
Wed May 25 10:05:43 BST 2022

Hi,

I've just made a tarball for Krita 5.0.8. This is a source only release, only relevant for Linux distribution that package Krita and use the latest frameworks release.

The reason for the release is that our fork of kxmlgui conflicts with the latest kxmlgui. Our fork exists because back in the day patches that would make certain kxmlgui dependencies optional were rejected. Since then, of course, the codebases have diverged too much to consider going back to the framework.

The fix consists of a patch to Krita's master branch which the Arch Linux maintainers backported to the krita/5.0 branch. There are no other fixes in this release, and we will not create binaries for other operating systems or appimage builds.

Halla Rempt