05-07-2022 Meeting Document

L. E. Segovia amy at amyspark.me
Sun Jul 10 00:03:45 BST 2022

Status report for 05-07:

I've been working on G'MIC and Wolthera's SVG branch.

On Wolthera's work, I sent some two dozen nitpicks from a static code
review, and fixed two hotspots (BGRA -> ARGB conversion, and font
selection and sorting).

re: G'MIC, I updated our version to 3.1.4.2.

I also fixed issues with pasting images while a Reference Image was
active, and implemented David's request for making dropped layers from
single files take the name of the source.

The TIFF + YCbCr merge request was merged, along with the fixes for JPEG
XL. Also merged PRs for fixing dialog modality and sizing (Export
dialog, Load Warnings) and Sharaf's patch regarding gradient stops.

I've also pushed some fixes for race conditions when building with MSVS
and disabled LTO.

Finally, on Friday I sent a fix for Tiar's Perspective based Assistant
tests, because they could not be built on Windows due to forced use of
__attribute__(('default')). This was extended into a full PR to make
tests against plugins buildable in MSVC and macOS.

amyspark

--
amyspark 🌸 https://www.amyspark.me