26-04-2022 Meeting Document

L. E. Segovia amy at amyspark.me
Sat Apr 30 00:02:33 BST 2022

As I couldn't make it on time, here's my report:

During the past week, I worked on upstreaming the last remaining bug
fixes and enhancements to xsimd. I fixed their test suite and the
handling of clang-cl, upstreamed gather/scatter, and removed those
extensions from my port branch. Performance-wise, GCC has shown to be
recalcitrant to any sort of optimizations, it's over 5x slower than
Clang-generated code in our benchmarks.

I also MR'd fixes for clipboard handling crashes, fixed an UBsan crash
on KActionCollection, and did a complete refactor of the G'MIC layer
handling code. This bit makes G'MIC filter commands completely
self-contained, so that they are now undoable and redoable.

amyspark

--
amyspark 🌸 https://www.amyspark.me