Doubts, please help if possible.

Tymon Dąbrowski tamtamy.tymona at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 18:52:53 BST 2021

Hi!

> Do they include textures?
Yes, they should. If they don't, it's a bug (but from what I know, it is
working now).

> Do they support different profiles for 3d option.?
No, and there are currently no plans for krita 5.1 to include it. No one
thought about this.

> Anybody has samples of recent PS Layer styles, mines are from i think
2009.
I just google it. Usually my phrase is something like "asl file free". Lots
of ASL files are on deviantart which requires an account but some are not.

> Now i want to test Krita 5 and i would like to change the resource folder
to keep my folder for krita 4 perfect.
I believe Halla

> And how can i make a Backup in tablet?
Do you mean an Android tablet, or Windows/Linux device? Or maybe ChromeOS
device? if Android, I don't know - probably sh_zam knows?
If Windows or Linux, then it's just backing up the folder which you have
access to.

> Gradients can import SVG as gradients. Any sample of that?
Sure, I'll attach (very ugly, sorry! :D but working) sample to the email.
It works just as expected.
How I made this: I open Inkscape, created a rectangle, added a gradient to
the rectangle. I struggled since it's my first time using Inkscape for
that, but I managed to eventually make a gradient with three colors. (The
gradient was used on that rectangle). I used File -> Save to save the file
as an SVG file. Then I went to Krita and used the gradients popup. There is
a little button that says "Import". I found the SVG file. And then the
gradient appeared in the gradients list in the gradients chooser (in the
popup). Krita can use it then for its tools.

> What about the problem with missed brushtips or lost patterns?
This is something that Halla is working on.

> Can we create bundles using a mix of brushes from different bundles?
Yes. A bundle contains a copy of the resources.

> In Krita 5 Do we need to look for the brushtips and patterns for each
brush, or does Krita look for you? I say that because it takes time in the
Krita 4 to create bundles.
It looks for the brush tips for you, so you don't need to attach them
yourself. But note that there is a bug that you can't use ABR brush tips in
a bundle. It will be fixed eventually, but it didn't work in Krita 4
either, so maybe it won't be fixed before Krita 5.0.0 release, sorry. Just
something to keep in mind: better to use brush tips that are PNG or GBR etc
until we fix that (it does require quite a lot of work to fix).

> This week I want to create a bundle for RGBA wet.  I published them as
.kpp for testing in KA but a bundle is a better option for the users.
Yes, a bundle is *much better*.

Regarding the meeting, what do you need help with? What is it that you
don't feel secure or confident about?

I hope that answers your questions.

Regards,
Tiar