Q: Storyboard SVG Templating, 5.0 or 5.1?

Wolthera griffinvalley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 15:50:50 BST 2021

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 4:44 PM Emmet O'Neill <emmetoneill.pdx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all, I'm looking for some input. :)
>

> Our new design, which allows for more control and less foot-shooting, uses "label" attributes like "image0" or "comment3" embedded into the SVG template to allow users to layout each individual element of their storyboards, and (like the storyboard docker) allows for a arbitrary number of comment tracks. Once a quality SVG template is made, the only thing the user needs to do is pick an appropriate font size, so while it takes a bit more initial work to create a template, it's much easier to use a template and the results are overall better.
> This new design is mostly implemented and it's in master, we just have to do a polish pass and (optionally) create a default/example SVG layout file that we can ship with Krita.
>
> Question: So basically, I'm wondering if we can squeeeeeze this feature improvement into the 5.0 release, or if it's just too late and we should leave 5.0 as it is now (without the ability to use SVG templates).
>
> If it's possible and reasonable to do, I'd love to have this make it into 5.0 because it's potentially a great way to export storyboards and a nice layer of icing on Krita's storyboarding cake. :)
> (But I know that it's a bit late in the cycle, so let me know what you think!)

The main question that isn't answered here is 'does it add new
translatable strings?' As long as the answer is 'no' (because
technically, this is just a refactor of a feature that existed at
string freeze), then it can go into 5.0, if the answer is 'yes'
however, then we'll have a problem and it might be wiser to put into
5.1

--
Wolthera