mangafy

David Revoy davidrevoy at protonmail.com
Tue Nov 23 19:38:00 GMT 2021

Hey, I wouldn't be happy with Mangafy integration, from what I understood of their Term of Service[1], it pushes artists who doesn't read ToS into a bad deal:

- Author offer a copy of their copyright, full usage, to Mangafy and third party (that something not compatible with Creative Commons). It's pretty standard in nowadays ToS, but other sevices exists where platform can respect integrity of license of the author (eg. deviantArt, Youtube both have a Creative Commons integration).

- More concerning for me: "User shall not exercise author’s moral rights against the Company and third parties". It means that if they (or third party) reuse your series/characters/lore/design to promote something you are really against, you can't do nothing.

So I wouldn't advice any artist to go on that (same opinion about Tapas & Webtoons). They can print comics, do movies, etc... all of that without giving back to the artist or involve them as part of artistic decision. And third parties can be anything. Artist earn 50% of adv revenue from online publishing (info from the Youtube presentation).

[1] https://mangafy.club/terms -> Article 19, Ownership and Licensing of Intellectual Property Rights

Deevad