Moving from freenode to something else

Raghavendra Kamath raghu at raghukamath.com
Thu May 20 06:51:17 BST 2021

There is an update from the freenode owner.
https://freenode.net/news/freenode-is-foss

In my opinion we should wait for the KDE board to have a word with both side
and assess the situation better. From the kdecommunity mailing list discussion
I understand that the KDE board has already reached out to concerned parties.
We can take a decision later based on their assessment.

Meanwhile anyone who wishes to join Matrix or libera chat can do so. Checking
out alternatives is always a good thing.

Also just for information, the official KDE matrix home servers are hosted by
Matrix people.

--
raghukamath