String Freeze for Krita 5

Alvin Wong alvin at alvinhc.com
Tue Jul 13 13:15:19 BST 2021

Hi translation teams,

We have just merged two changes to both master and stable which makes
some existing but previously untranslated strings to be translatable.
Let me explain a bit:

  * A simple message i18nc("Name of automatically created background
    color fill layer", "Background Fill") has been added to translate
    the automatically created fill layer when creating a new document,
    which has been in used for a long time but left untranslatable.
    https://invent.kde.org/graphics/krita/-/merge_requests/954
  * A large number of messages (about 900 of them) has been added to
    translate the built-in resource names, including brush presets,
    brush tips, textures, workspaces, etc. These messages use the
    resource file path as the context. They should be at the top of the
    POT template and easily recognizable.
    Please note that it is not necessary to translate them all. At this
    moment the translated resource names only serves as an additional
    comment displayed on tooltips alongside with their English names. If
    you feel that they are difficult to translate, that's because they
    *are*, as the original names often have very abstract meanings, some
    that the Krita developers may not even be able to explain. You may
    consider leaving them to be the original English name.
    https://invent.kde.org/graphics/krita/-/merge_requests/939

Thanks to all the translation teams for your efforts in helping
translating Krita!

Best Regards,

Alvin Wong

Halla Rempt 於 15/6/2021 17:27 寫道: