Krita 5: Resource System Test #3

Emmet O'Neill emmetoneill.pdx at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 22:40:01 GMT 2021

Hi all, Tiar has asked me to help organize a final round of resource system
testing and debugging for the Krita 5.0 release.
Because the resource system is such a key component of Krita (and because
it's the final hurdle before release) we need everybody to work together if
possible.

Just like the previous times, we are going to divide the task into sections
among each of the available devs and use Tiar's
detailed testing methodology (linked below) to thoroughly test the creation
and management of each of Krita's various resource types.
I'd like each dev to assign themselves to 2-3 sections; overlaps are great,
but let's make sure that each section is properly tested.
Of course, anything that we can think to test beyond Tiar's guidelines is
worth testing too, so it's ok to improvise. ;)

Unlike last time, I want every bug, big or small, to be added to (or
updated on) the official bug tracker <https://bugs.kde.org/>, and then
linked to the spreadsheet.
At this stage I think there's no need for external notes, so it's as simple
as testing, reporting, assigning, and fixing bugs through the regular
channels.
If there's any need for further discussion, it should be enough to hash
things out on #krita or here on the mailing list.

When we're finished with sections, copy-paste the appropriate cell from the
legend at the bottom.
(Again, there's going to be overlap, but the more testing we can do the
better.)

Here's a link to the resource testing spreadsheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W_iAS1OiTSpZFC5b8XMZ6yH0DXmGqkABixuQYGd1PD0/edit#gid=870484866>
where we will assign sections and link relevant bug reports.
And here's another link to the full instructions
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TboqfsYBGYVieh8b3C_vWUNanoLA51gZocfDaAQ8kQ4/edit#>
that Tiar wrote for the previous rounds of resource system testing.

Finally I know that some work is always being done on the resource system,
so we can find out during Monday's meeting if everybody is ready to begin
this next round of testing.

We're in the final stretch here, so let's get this thing finished! :)
Emmet