Krita 4.4.0 and SeExpr

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Sep 6 10:59:19 BST 2020

On Saturday, 5 September 2020 15:42:23 CEST Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> We intend to release krita 4.4.0 this month. Krita 4.4.0 will have a new
> dependency: SeExpr.

.. ok, that's a Walt Disney open source thing, that's packaged in surprisingly
few places already: https://repology.org/project/seexpr/versions . FreeBSD is
one of them.

> It is important to package the SeExpr we release from invent.kde.org because
> of a host of bug fixes and because this version of SeExpr can be
> translated.

Is there any hope of this getting upstream? For systems with seexpr already
packaged, packaging up a one-consumer fork is a pain in the butt (but if it's
needed for Krita, then it'll just have to happen, and thank you for the heads-
up).

> An alpha package is available from
> https://files.kde.org/krita/build/dependencies/seexpr-3.4.4.0-alpha.1.tar.g
> z.

You might want to change the link in the release on invent, which still points
to amyspark's dump-files.

[ade]