Fwd: Re: SeExpr for Krita v3.4.4.0

Christophe Giboudeaux christophe at krop.fr
Mon Oct 19 12:18:43 BST 2020

On lundi 19 octobre 2020 12:57:20 CEST Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

[ Quoting was reformatted]

>> The openSUSE legal bot stopped on krita/data/seexpr_scripts/
>> Disney_noisecolor2.kse
>> This is a simple zip archive which contains script.se. This file contains a
>> tainted Apache-2.0 license:
>>
>> # Copyright Disney Enterprises, Inc.  All rights reserved.
>> #
>> # Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
>> # you may not use this file except in compliance with the License
>> # and the following modification to it: Section 6 Trademarks.
>> # deleted and replaced with:
>> #
>> # 6. Trademarks. This License does not grant permission to use the
>> # trade names, trademarks, service marks, or product names of the
>> # Licensor and its affiliates, except as required for reproducing
>> # the content of the NOTICE file.
>>
>> This needs to be clarified.
>>
> Should we remove this file?

FTR, this line is missing, compared to the Apache-2.0 license:
« except as required for reasonable and customary use in describing the origin
of the Work and reproducing the content of the NOTICE file. »

This change is also in kseexpr's license [1] and file headers.

[1] https://invent.kde.org/graphics/kseexpr/-/blob/master/LICENSE

I'm not sure how it shall be understood. Sounds like anything mentioning
"Disney" or "seexpr" shall be renamed.