Krita 4.4.3 alpha: Optimization for Krita's layer thumbnails

Eddy Alvaross eddyalva015 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 02:41:09 GMT 2020

Greetings. This is a suggestion for how Krita handles layers.
I've noticed that when we erase void, or empty pixels with an Eraser
brush, memory is still used to store the pixel data of the erased part.
It's not a problem at all and is necessary to manage history states
after each stroke or action in the app. Though the weird part is with the
layer thumbnails. Because they register empty strokes
on a layer and display the thumbnails based on them.
This provoked some doubt in my mind and I was wondering if
something was wrong.
Maybe you're already aware of this I don't know.
If you're aware, this is a reminder.
If you're not, this is a suggestion.