Brush engine ideas

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun May 10 15:20:05 BST 2020

Hello, I run the 11k member Krita Group on Facebook. We have been playing
with the brush engine in 4.3. I had some ideas that should be easy to add.

First a sensor that measures the pen pressure delta. You can then tell if
the user is letting pressure off or adding it. Could be used to get rid of
stuff that happens as the user lets go of the pen pressure at the end of
the stroke. Likewise a speed delta might be fun to play with.

Second, an likely coming, The brush mode on all brushes.

And last but not least, The pen color source choices could include
canvas (maybe with layer options and even mix options?)
And maybe some sort of a smear option.

Thanks for considering these options!

--
Douglas E Knapp, MSAOM, LAc.