Krita is in string freeze

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Sun May 3 09:25:24 BST 2020

Boudewijn Rempt wrote 03.05.2020 08:38:
> We've started the release process for Krita 4.3.0. From today, Krita is in string freeze. The final release is expected for June 1st.

I find a few of the new strings very difficult to understand. Could you
clarify?

Sample:
Is it the 1) the action of sampling something, 2) a sample of something,
3) the label for selecting a name or type of a sample, 4) something
else? And precisely what is a ‘sample’ in this context?

Color Labeled Layers:
Is it 1) layers that are labelled with colours, 2) the action of
colouring layers that are labelled, 3) something else?

Label used:
Is it 1) the action of automatically labelling something that is used
(e.g. ‘Label used: yes’), 2) the label that *was* used for some
operation, 3) the label that *is going to* be used for some operation
(but shouldn’t this be called ‘Use label:’ instead?)?

Could you add comments and/or message contexts to these strings to
better explain and disambiguate them? (Especially ‘Sample:’ is a string
that could be used in different meanings in the future, i.e. as an
action (to sample) or a noun (a sample), and really *needs* a message
context.)

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer