GSoC report for the past week

L. E. Segovia amy at amyspark.me
Mon Aug 3 18:41:14 BST 2020

Hey all,

I wasn't able to attend today's meeting because of uni commitments (two
essay defences and one essay to submit on Wed), so I'm sending you my
project report through this medium.

Last week the SeExpr generator was merged to both 4.3 and master (see
https://invent.kde.org/graphics/krita/-/merge_requests/380,
https://invent.kde.org/graphics/krita/-/merge_requests/411). After that,
I started working on porting the existing user documentation of Disney's
to our own docs.krita.org. This is available as a MR here:

https://invent.kde.org/documentation/docs-krita-org/-/merge_requests/145

So far, I have ported the Quick Reference document to rST,  added an
entry to the Fill Layers and Resource Management docs, and a tutorial
showing how to create SeExpr script resources.

As part of the review of that work, Wolthera found that two of the
built-in functions did not work as expected, dist and Perlin noise. The
first was fixed to match the docs, the latter was removed from the
documentation as it wasn't implemented anywhere. See
https://invent.kde.org/lsegovia/seexpr/-/commit/b807bfebfec9edc4197ca3561f53625895edc96e.

Additionally, I found two uninitialized memory access bugs on
VectorControl (the widget for editing vector and color variables), which
meant that if a vector was later changed to be a RGB color (in the range
0-1), the application would crash. See
https://invent.kde.org/lsegovia/seexpr/-/commit/904c607d408cee1a9ea3eca02397b4aa62e15262.

While checking the above, I fixed Disney's original support for vector
variables, which now allows users to manage them as RGB colors while at
the same time being able to constrain the valid value range. See
https://invent.kde.org/lsegovia/seexpr/-/commit/74737606c01c8a591659c1561b07b695c70f6997.

Best regards,

amyspark

--