How to get rid of a biased colour profile?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon May 27 12:10:07 BST 2019

Hi,

what Krita settings provide the same colours for a picture shown by
Krita, as viewing the same picture by any other app (on the same
machine, with the same monitor)?

The computer is a Linux multi-boot, at the moment I'm booted to Arch
Linux, testing krita 4.1.8.

It doesn't make a difference if "Use system monitor profile" is or
isn't checked.

I want to make a wallpaper for my machine only, so I benefit from the
rare luxury, that I don't need to care about how the colours might
appear on another screen or after printing.

At the moment it terribly fails, see https://i.imgur.com/2AySCGp.png,
it's not better, if I view one and the same picture by Krita and another
app. I never experienced this with Gimp. Actually I try to migrate from
Gimp to Krita, but this issue could be the showstopper.

Regards,
Ralf

PS: More details are provided by my request at Ubuntu users, see
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2019-May/297070.html
and previous mails, as well as Ubuntu Studio users, see
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/2019-May/011411.html.

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-pussytoes,-cornflower,,-securityink}}|cut -d\  -f2
5.1.5.arch1-1