Updated Travel Information for Monday 5th of August

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Aug 3 16:14:59 BST 2019

Hi everyone,

There are works on the railways on Monday, so you will have to take an alternative route from Schiphol to Deventer. There is no direct train on Monday!

There are two options, over Zwolle or over Utrecht. Take the Utrecht route: You have more time to transfer.

The trains over Utrecht leave Schiphol every HH:00, HH:18, HH:30, HH:48 from platform 3. In Utrecht, you will have to up to the big hall, and then down again, either to platform 9 or 11. Check the signs! You will have 15 minutes to change trains, which is enough.

        Schiphol   Utrecht
HH:00      3       19 -> 9    15 mins
HH:18      3       18 -> 11   19 mins
HH:30      3       19 -> 9    15 mins
HH:48      3       18 -> 11   19 mins

If you have an android or ios phone, it might be a good idea to install the NS app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.ns.android.activity&hl=en

Notes about trains:

* get your ticket to Deventer in the yellow vending machines in the luggage reclaim area, or buy and print them beforehand at https://www.ns.nl/en/journeyplanner#/

* you do not have to make a reservation for trains, your ticket is valid the whole day

* if you travel between 16:30 and 18:30, it might be very busy, and you might not have a seat

* you can eat and drink on trains (including alcohol) but not smoke

* there are silent areas in the trains where you are not allowed to chat or talk on your phone. These can be recognized easily by the pictogram of a man holding a finger in front of his mouth.

It would be helpful if everyone mailed me their time of arrival at Schiphol.

Please also try to ping me through telegram, whatsapp or text message on my mobile phone, so we know we can reach each other: +31620839638.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org