Krita September Fundraiser

Scott Petrovic scottpetrovic at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 21:22:13 UTC 2018

We do have the Krita donations getting shown on the krita.org website.
https://krita.org/en/   that is somewhat like a fundraiser.

That is a live view of all the donations coming in through the Paypal
account for the current month.

We could utilize that mechanism and have one month's donations all go
towards a fundraiser (no middle man like kickstarter). It wouldn't be too
hard to make a custom fundraising template page on krita.org where we could
have a progress bar and goals similar to how a kickstarter page would look.
Even extras like "3 days remaining!" I did something similar a while ago
when we were trying to get out of the tax situation. I did all the
programming for that and it wouldn't be too hard to spruce up a variation.

Do we need to have"prizes" or other swag that needs to be kept track of?
What about an email list to communicate with people that have donated?  Another
potential issue with my approach would be if the funds are all going to the
Krita foundation, or Boud's account  that deals with merchandise and other
stuff. Maybe we should keep this one much simpler and not have email lists
and voting.

For the goals, I guess we would need to just scope out the work a bit to
see how many bugs and polish items could be done with different budget
amounts. Just saying "bugs" might be too vague. If we can be a bit more
specific with things like "text tools polish and improvements" or "finally
make color smudge brush multi-threaded" would be much more appealing.
"Polish" for us is "new features" for most people.

Scott