Please someone add in better messages to animation export.

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:04:19 BST 2018

Hi, Wolthera!

I'm not sure, what steps we should do here... My guesses are:

1) Make 'baseline' default MP4 profile on Windows
2) Add better error messages for export frames failures. But I would
need a list of possible fail-points. What I can guess out of the blue are:

a) a person doesn't set ffmpeg.exe path correctly (either empty or sets
it to .zip archive of ffmpeg instead of .exe)

b) ffmpeg is set correctly, Krita managed to execute it, but it failed.
Then Krita should show the content of the log file (or files for GIF)
automatically.

c) Krita doesn't have write access rights for the folder with frames

d) Krita doesn't have write access rights for the folder with the final
video

What other failures can happen?

--
Dmitry Kazakov