Docker environment for Krita developers

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 11:34:59 BST 2018

Hi, all!

I have created a separate repository with a docker-based scripts for
building Kirta build environment for developers. The docker image is
based on the prebuilt dependencies our KDE CI uses for building AppImage
packages, so if you decide to use such docker environment, you will
always have the most actual and official deps versions :)

To set up the environment, just follow the steps described in the
README.md file:
https://cgit.kde.org/scratch/dkazakov/krita-docker-env.git/tree/README.md

Some notes:

1) Docker container forwards all X11 and GPU calls to the host system so
you can run Krita at full speed
2) To let QtCreator build Krita and do semantic analysis correctly,
QtCreator should be run **inside** the docker image. There is a script
that makes it easier, but you should still copy your preferences manually.
3) When using GDB and Valgrind, you should run them inside the container
4) This docker image is based on Ubuntu 12.04, which is used for
AppImage build, the version of valgrind is rather old, so it will not
handle AVX2 instructions correctly. That is the only knows drawback of
the solution.

And don't hesitate to write your comments about the image! I'm open to
suggestions :)

--
Dmitry Kazakov