Python testing in 4?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jan 29 09:34:20 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 28 January 2018 17:51:49 CET Peter Bowmar wrote:
> Hi Boudewijn,
>
> Thanks for that! After some wrestling with my distro (which has a too-old
> 'flatpak', though I managed to update it) it fails with:
>
> From git://anongit.kde.org/krita
>  * [new branch]      master     -> master
> flatpak-builder: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/libostree-1.so.1:
> undefined symbol: g_utf8_make_valid
>

> While I know what the means, I don't know how to deal with it...

I'll forward that to the person who told me about the flatpak. I haven't
touched that stuff myself and told them I couldn't maintain it.

> Having looked at the Python docs, it looks like I'll be able to do a lot of
> what I'm hoping to do (connect Krita to other apps, embed it in pipelines
> etc) so that's cool.
>
> I know you and your team are likely swamped, so I will wait! I'd be happy
> to attempt to put Python into the AppImage, but I bet C++ is involved and
> I'm not close to being smart enough to handle that :)

The problem isn't on the C++ side. I just need to figure out how to include
python in the appimage itself.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org