Vector layer UI problems

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 13:07:20 BST 2018

Hello, in my quest to draw a circle in pixel art, I had to use vectors
instead. I had never before used vectors in Krita. So I was clueless about
how it worked.  This is a diary of my fight to get it to do what I wanted.

So my first thinking was to use the circle tool to make vector elements but
that did not work. I bit of research lead me to the fact that I needed a
vector layer. So naturally I clicked on the layers menu on the top left and
hunted for add vector layer. Guess what? It was not to be found. VERY ODD.
So how do you do it???? One confused artist.

I then clicked on the layers docker + and added a layer and looked for a
way to change it to a vector layer. How about those three lines with dots,
change layer properties. Did not work. Then I saw the little pull down
thingy by the plus and clicked it. Wonder of wonders there was a add vector
layer there! Yaa!

This is FAR from intuitive. I think that, "add vector layer", should at
least be added to the layers pull down layers menu at the top.

Thanks for your time!

--
Douglas E Knapp, MSAOM, LAc.