#krita and spam problems

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Aug 5 16:30:46 BST 2018

Hi,

At the moment, freenode is not usable. We're getting hundreds of spam messages
of the foulest kind a day. Sigyn, the spam-combatting bot cannot keep up, and
besides, can only kick after the first message has been shown.

Right now, we setup the channel so only messages by registered users are
visible to everyone. Ops see all messages, including the sick spam. This page
explains how to register your nick: https://freenode.net/kb/answer/
registration

Please do that, if you want to participate on irc, but this situation still
makes irc useless as a user-support place, and nearly useless for development
discussions. I'm afraid that for now, this will really hamper our work :-(.

--
https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org