Getting python to work when building Krita from source on Linux?

Scott Petrovic scottpetrovic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:01:45 UTC 2018

hi Emmet,

Yes, pyqt and SIP definitely look like they are not found with cmake.

Can you see which version of pyqt5 and SIP you have installed? Maybe it
isn't a high enough version. I am also using Ubuntu 17.10 and am running
the same cmake command Eliakin is. It seems to find those two libraries for
me.

For me...I am running PyQt 5.7  (pyqt-dev) package

For SIP, I have these packages.... python3-sip     and    python3-sip-dev
Both SIP versions are 4.18.1

Scott