Python script discovery in Krita

Brendan Scott disposableemail at apps.opensourcelaw.biz
Tue Oct 31 22:48:15 UTC 2017

On 10/31/2017 04:13 AM, Eliakin Costa wrote:
> Hi Brendan
>
> I've been really busy these days, sorry for not give you enough attention :(
>
>>> I'd also like to be able to make Krita reload the Python scripts so I
> don't need to keep restarting on change of script. Is that possible?
>
> You can write plugins for menu (as you told in your tutorial), dockers and
> pointing action to shortcuts whithout any menu (like ten brushes). In this
> cases, you need to rebuild or paste files in resources folder (as Wolthera
> told). Fortunately, you can write your scripts in the Scripter or load from
> your files and execute it on the fly(without restart Krita).

I'm not sure that's true, or we're talking about different things.

If I install the script at https://kritascripting.wordpress.com/ and then:
* run Krita
* run the script from Krita
* edit the script print("hello_world") -> print("hello_world2") and save it
* run the script again from Krita

The printout is not changed.
I have also tried deleting __pycache__ but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks

Brendan