Krita - SQL - Python - OCR

Adrian Radillo adrian.radillo at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 01:38:26 UTC 2017

Greetings,

I just started my own Free Software project IndieK
<https://aernesto.github.io/IndieK>.
One of the future goals for this software is to develop a GUI allowing free
handwriting and freehand drawing input.

This software will then need to perform the following actions on the
drawing:
- Optimal Character Recognition (OCR) on selected parts of the drawing;
then save produced text to an SQL database
- extract images from the original drawing
- insert images and text into the drawing (with the result visible to the
user)

Most probably, the final core language of the software will be Python 3.

Do you know if Krita allows some of these functionalities today?

Can parts of Krita's code be used in a Python software?

Best regards,

--
Adrian Radillo