Summer of Code rules

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat May 13 08:16:03 UTC 2017

Hi all!

Welcome everyone to the 2017 Summer of Code! I'd like to make sure
everyone is aware of the ground rules of participating in Summer
of Code with KDE.

* Make sure you have your own committer account: https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Get_a_Developer_Account

* Make sure you have a blog and that your blog has been added to planetkde.org. Please blog at least every two weeks about your project

* You have to be around on irc daily during the Summer of Code. Project discussions should mostly happen on #krita; not in private chat.

* Create a phabricator task for your project on phabricator.kde.org: copy your project proposal to the task so we have a central place to refer to it that doesn't disappear once gsoc 2017 is over. You should do a weekly progress report as a comment to that task

* Work in a separate git branch named your_committer_name/T0000-project-title, where T0000 is the number of the pahbricator task.

* Commit early, commit often

And finally, I'd like to have, by Monday, a one paragraph introduction of yourself and your project, plus links to your blogs, for an article on krita.org. Don't worry if your English isn't great -- Irina and I will do the usual editing. If you like, add a photo of yourself, too -- it's always nice to have faces to go with projects!

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org