GSoC Project - Lazy Selection Tool

Yang Fang yangfang at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 31 04:38:09 UTC 2017

Hello Krita,

My name is Yang Fang, a first year at Stanford University studying computer science. I am applying to do open source work through the GSoC program, and only recently came across the Lazy Selection tool project idea for Krita. As a frequent user of mostly proprietary photo manipulation tools (which do not contain a similar foreground selection tool, or only irritatingly difficult/inaccurate versions of it), I am intrigued and would like to help realize a potentially powerful function that I myself would use often.

I chatted with Valorie on the kde-devel IRC channel, and was told that I should've been in contact with my potential team for a substantial amount of time by now - a reasonable request in my opinion. However, I am very much interested in the goals of this particular project and am seeking guidance (especially from DmitryK) on whether there is any way I can still apply to work on it.

Thanks for your time,

Yang