Need Feedback on GSOC Proposal

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 21:00:11 UTC 2017

Hi!

In addition to Boudewijn's points I guess it would be good to have an
example of how one particular type of log (e.g. tool activation metric)
goes through all the stages, from Krita to web frontend with analytics
view. Then we could discuss the scope of the project more precisely.

I think the following to points are also reasonable:

1) Full featured crash reports seem to be out of scope of the project.
Although we can catch the asserts issued with KIS_ASSERT, passing the
filename and line in the log. We can also try to add kBacktrace(), but
it might be not a good idea when the user doesn't have the symbols
installed.

2) For the Steam part of the project, I guess we could limit the scope
to user-visible achievements only. And pass the rest of the data to our
main server. That would save a lot of time. What do you think?

--
Dmitry Kazakov