Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 20 08:19:24 UTC 2017

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:

> I guess we should use 3.1 for stable. I tried to use master for a couple of
> sketches and bugs testing and I saw quite a few really serious bugs, like
> tablet not working (I have no idea why) and incorrect saving.

Sounds to me like we need to get people using master again... Incorrect saving
happened both in 3.1 and master, btw, until I reverted the save-a-copy patch.
The cloning of an image just took too much time and was too incomplete.

> > For the development release, we need to merge the svg and scripting branches
> > to master.
> I still need some time to fix the reported bugs in vectors. I guess I need 1-2
> days more for that. Wolthera and other painters seem to be really productive
> in testing and catching bugs :) One day of public testing found issues for
> three weeks of my work :)

I wonder if we're going to need another round of that? But that can maybe wait until
everything is in master, and people can start testing builds again.

> Btw, probably, we should start the fundraiser in mid-August? I don't know how
> it works in the other countries, but in Russia, most of the people are on
> holidays. And quite a lot of people get back home only in the end of August...

I'm mostly funded until end of September, and it should be possible to stretch your
funding until then, too -- but if we do the fund raiser in september, we only will
receive the money around October, which could create a gap. But I think it's doable,
so let's make it September. I'll mail the kde fundraising list with the plan, once
we're all agreed.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org