RAW processing plug-in - any interest?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 13 10:19:58 UTC 2017

On Fri, 10 Mar 2017, EI wrote:

> Screencast looks impressive!
>
> - I don't think there a way to prioritize which plugin will handle loading.
> One option may be to add a menu item under "File" for PhotoFlow. The
> actions are configured through krita/kritamenu.action
>
> - Krita can keep almost arbitrary metadata for the loaded image. An example
> can be found here: krita/libs/image/tests/kis_meta_data_test.cpp. The code
> itself is in krita/libs/image/metadata/. However, your plugin would have to
> write this metadata to the raw file and then read it. Storing metadata in
> an xml "sidecar" file may be easier.

The metadata is really meant for official metadata structures, like exif. Krita metadata is also associated with the layer, not the image. I'm not sure it's the right thing here, better investigate KisAnnotation.

To get a KDE developer account, follow https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Get_a_Developer_Account and mention me as sponsor, indeed.
--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org