Researching python plugin

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jun 7 08:42:33 UTC 2017

On Wed, 7 Jun 2017, Brendan Scott wrote:

> On 06/07/2017 06:00 PM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Jun 2017, Brendan Scott wrote:
> >
> > > Do I get it here? https://github.com/boostorg/boost
> > >
> > > Am I supposed to install it to any particular directory for krita
> > > to find it?
> >
> > I'd first try to update using software.opensuse.org:
> > https://software.opensuse.org/package/libboost_system1_61_0 -- we do
> > need to add a version check to the find boost clause in the
> > cmakelists.txt file.
>
> Doesn't help (after install it still finds boost 1.54 and fails at the same
> point). I think I need boost-devel, but the most recent is 1.54. Ironically,
> libboost_system1_64_0-devel is in the repos, but its dependency boost-devel
> 1.64 isn't.

Make sure that you cleaned out the CMakeCache.txt -- the boost location is
cached, and it's extremely tenacious. When I just now tried to add a 1.61
version requirement, boost was no longer found, and I had to clean out my
entire build dir and run cmake again...

In any case, you can download boost from http://www.boost.org/ , that's
better than checking out from github :-). I'd then remove packaged boost
and install it locally. Make sure that -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH= points to
the place where it's installed.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org